The Bowling Green was the favorite garden spot of Armistead Peter 3rd, the property’s last private owner. At the southern end, the brick-edged lily pond is adorned with a statue by sculptor Paul Wayland Bartlett, stepfather of Caroline Ogden-Jones Peter, Armistead Peter 3rd’s wife. The statue replicates a figure from Bartlett’s 1909 design for the U.S. Capitol pediment, house wing. His works are well represented in the Tudor Place Collection.
At the opposite end, terraced above, is the Summer House, built in 1960-1961, offering a delightful view of the garden framed by a pair of matching greyhounds sculpted in lead. Prominent in the Bowling Green entry path stands a tall bird fountain adorned by a statue called "Winged Boy with Dolphin." Armistead Peter 3rd designed the feature with inspiration from a 15th-century statue at the Pallazo Vecchio in Florence, Italy.