Rather than being interpreted to reflect a single era, the rooms of Tudor Place are furnished as they appeared during the occupancy of the last owners, Armistead Peter 3rd and his wife Caroline Ogden-Jones Peter, from the early 1920s to 1983. Certain spaces, such as a second-floor bedroom, are furnished to convey a particular theme, such as childhood and education at the turn of the 20th century. Through six generations, Peter family descendants mixed new furnishings with inherited objects, taking great care to preserve the historic fabric of the original design. The most notable changes occurred in the 1913-1914 renovations undertaken by third owner Armistead Peter, Jr., and his wife, Anna Williams Peter.
As was the norm for homes of the Federal period, the floor plan reflects a pronounced public-private divide. Guests came into the house through the double doors of the austere north entry and encountered soaring 15-foot tall ceilings as they passed through the vestibule directly into the impressive Saloon. Here they were greeted by an expansive southern vista over the port of Georgetown and, on either side, grand reception rooms, or double parlors. Within the entrance vestibule, double doors to the left opened to the main staircase and bedrooms above, while matching doors to the right led to the service wing of the house. Few visitors to the home would ever have seen these utilitarian and private spaces, spending their time instead in the grand Saloon, Parlour, and Drawing Room. These three principle rooms together constituted one of the largest private entertaining suites in Georgetown or the Federal City.